суботу, 9 червня 2012 р.

TV STARS WE LOVE IN MOVIES WE HATE


For as much as I’ve read about Men in Black 3, I had no idea what the plot was, other than Josh Brolin impersonates Tommy Lee Jones and something about time travel and Shea Stadium and Will Smith saying, “Ah, hell nah,” until yesterday. Turns out, Jemaine Clement, a.k.a. Jemaine Clemaine in HBO’s much beloved “Flight of the Conchords,” plays an alien named Boris, who goes BACK IN TIME, non Huey Lewis & the News-style, to assassinate Jones for some reason. And his best friend’s a talking pie!

I don’t care if MIB3 has a 65% Rotten Tomatoes score – there’s no way a $375 million movie with that plot, which began filming before a script was finished, featuring a vehicle first seen on “South Park,” can be good. And that makes me sad, because Clement deserves to be in nothing but good roles in good movies (Tommy Lee Jones, too, because he’s awesome).

         David Cross ("Arrested Development") as Ian Hawke in Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked


Actors gotta get $$$. Plus, I can’t hate Cross for accepting the role because it led to this amazing comment, about working on the movie: “In all honesty, it was the most miserable experience I've ever had in my professional life...There was one producer, I won't say (who), but she is the personification of what people think about when they think negatively about Jews.”

I wonder if he got to keep the tracksuit.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар